Just Had My Timing Belt Done On My Gs400 (75k)

First of all I just want to tell you guys that this was the best thing I have done for my car so far. I'm not sure why but my car actually runs and idles so much smoother; it's unbelievable! It feels sort of new again and just think I haven't even changed the spark plugs yet!

Upon dropping my car off for service I wound up letting the dealership know about my idle problem that I had written recently about here on the forum. I told them I had a throttle body cleaning/service performed by them about two months ago. They wound up cleaning it out again for me free of charge (not sure how dirty the throttle body could have gotten in 2 months; or maybe they didn't do a complete job the first time around). Anyway she runs great now and I'm glad I took all your advise and didn't wait until 90K. Total cost was around $650 including the fan belt as well. Just my two cents. :cheers:

Nick

I had the timing belt changed and the 90K service performed on my 98 GS400 at 85K and it did definitely make a difference. I also needed new brakes for the rear so I believe the total bill was about $1600! The only regret is that I ended up trading the 98 in a fews later on a 2006 430. I should have sold it private party because it was definitely worth more than what I got for the trade. However, I just did not want to have to deal with selling it myself given all the crap going on in my life now.

• 2 weeks later...

just curious but did you get to see your original timing belt? when i had mine replaced i had the chance to put it next to a brand new one and the old one had actually stretched, so it was slightly longer. i wonder if that affected timing, causing the idle problem?