Interior Console Lighting

LSkid

Just bought another LS400 yesterday, went from a 90 to a 93. Finding out a few small problems (hopefully) that the dealer neglected to tell me about.......

When I swithch my headlights on my radio and climate control lights don't light up at all. The only ones that do are the direction that my air/heat is blowing and what speed its blowing at (high,med,low), otherwise the illuminating lights don't function anywhere, even the dash (I'm aware of the cluster problems that haunt the earlier model LS'). However, if i switch my headlights from off, to parking lights, to headlights really fast back and forth I can see all of the radio illuminating lights for a split second. Whats the deal with that? I know they work because when my headlights aren't on the radio portion is fine. Anyone have any insight?

Also when I go to accelerate from a stopped position, sometimes my 93 will take off like my 90 no problem and then other times I feel like i'm towing a trailer with no wheels its so slow!!! Once it gets to around 3500 RPM's it will take off no problem, but up to that point its hit or miss whether my car will accelerate quickly or not. Almost got slammed pulling onto a highway this morning when my car didn't have the power I have come to expect. Catalyst? Lambda Sensors?