Daytime Running Lights

MrElussive

Hi,

I am new to this forum. I subscribed because I desparately want to know how to disable the daytime running lights of my RX300 (2003 model). I am not against daytime running lights because I feel they improve the visibility of the car to other drivers, but I have one major problem. Whenever I see a Lexus coming my way with the DRL's on, the glare from the lights hide the look of the front of the vehicle. I feel that the RX300 is a very nice-looking car in the front (especially the new RX330's), and the daytime running lights' glare just hides the look of the front. Has anybody figured out a solution to this? I look forward to learning, as well as educating, with you all on this forum...

Thanks,

MrElussive

I'm with you on the DRL's. One other thing, they can mask the turn signals on some cars, too, so which is more safe, DRL's or turn signals? GM has a 'system' on some S10 pickups wherein the DRL's shut off when the signals are used, then come back on after they cancel. Nothing like 'telling' an 80K lb. truck to "c'mon over" when you don't mean to just as you're changing lanes....

I found a link on another page, but it was for a different Lexus. It's a simple pulling of a fuse, and jumping from one to another, IIRC. I'm gonna play with it more, and once I figure it out, I'll post about it...assuming the flames don't chase me off. :P Just kidding moderator dude. Forgot your screen name, sorry. This board is downright pleasant to be on compared to some I watch.

Kelly

I just wonder why you are so much concerned by the "appearance" of your vehicle instead of the visibility of your vehicle??? DRL based on the "Signal Light full on" is very stupid and only some US car manufacturers, which are so NOT in touch with reality (only profit), can do that. I also agree that M-B and Jaguar have their turn signal light too close to their headlights (not just DRL).

Lexus did a good job by providing DRL from High Beams (at least on my '99) and a good distance from the turn signal.

What is most important: incoming cars can see you or incoming cars can recognize you?

Good luck

:chairshot: