Starter Problem?

tmag

My LS 400 has 95K miles. All of a sudden, without warning, this a.m. the car won't start. :cries: Lights come on, AC works, etc. There is a single clicking noise each try, but that's it. Checked relevant fuses - all good. Finally, my son decided to try to start it by holding the key and eventually more clicks came and then it started :o . I assume this means I need a new starter, which I have seen from some posts is not cheap. Does this seem right or is there another possibility. (We arent' trying to start it again - hopefully it will start tomorrow a.m. so I can drive it to the shop.) Advice?

Check battery terminal connectors.........

Thanks for the response. I found one battery terminal with lots of corrosion. Washed it with warm water and baking soda and it started up (immediately) like new. Thanks a lot.

Great news.... but keep in mind your battery may have taken a hit. Have it checked. If it is newer, no problem, If it is older, prepare to replace it near summer time.. ;) 3 years in our topsy/ turvy climate these days is even stretching it.