Changed Transmission Mount

Sweet95LS400

I thought there was a tutorial on this on that LS site, but I guess not. I did find this link on changing the mount...

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...nsmission+mount

I am going to attempt to change the mount myself on the LS, as I am ready to give the car to my mom. They are aware that the car will also likely need motor mounts, valve cover gaskets and address the PS pump leaks.

Forgive my ignorance on this, but I am wondering if I change the tranny mount myself, are there any dangers that the transmission could fall out if the jack was to slip? I read where the crossmember has to come off, but I am assuming that there are the bolts on the front of the tranny that hold it in place? I just did not want to go into this blindly and have the tranny squash me. <_<

just make sure you have something under the Tranny pan holding it in place, there isnt much pressure on the tail of the tranny....it will drop slightly though if you dont have anything supporting it under the Pan, may put too much "twist" strain on your other mounts further damaging whats left of them...

...personally for me, the more support under the car, the better! :)

Be safe! and post results...