Buffeting From Sunroof - 99 Lx470

symes

Hi,

99 LX470, bought new.

Upon arrival, drove away from dealer and opened up the sunroof (slide) - the wind began to resonate around the car very loudly and frankly, was unbearable - gave me a headache after only a couple of miles.

Turned back around and went back to the dealership. Sales manager initially suggested opening the rear flaps, but I wasn't content with this - I had just let go and old 1996 Grand Cherokee Ltd from its corporate lease and if it didn't have this problem, then I had larger expectations from the "relentless pursuit of perfection"...

Eventually, the sales manager kindly offered to fit the lexus standard wind deflector and this does cure the problem. This was at his cost. Twice in fact, because about 2 years after it went on, it came loose and ripped off on the interstate - again, he replaced it and now I check the screws more often.

However, I don't like having to have it there because it limits sun exposure (spot the ex-pat Brit!!) and is a total pain to chamois around.

Anyone else have this problem? Did it get fixed on later models?

regards,

Simon