Sound Like Bad Altenator?

my clock and interior lights dim very slightly when I hit the break. The DIM is a little more noticeable when the head lights are on. There are days when my heat, clock and aftermarket cd player will not come on. But then as I am driving it will all of a sudden pop on. Just as a side note, After the install of my aftermarket CD player, I noticed that when I hit the break I would hear a pop sound in my speakers, the cd player is hooked up to the factory amp "which I now know is not good" just wanted to see what you guys think?????

dropped, I have a 95 LS400. I figured since we both have the same engine for the most part, I would post up on your thread. I have 111k miles, and I too have that slight dimming when I push the brakes. I don't have any aftermarket stuff hooked up like you do either. So I think it's either the alternator, or some kind of worn out voltage regulator somewhere. Have you listened to your alternator with the car warmed up and idling? Does it whine at all?

my clock and interior lights dim very slightly when I hit the break. The DIM is a little more noticeable when the head lights are on. There are days when my heat, clock and aftermarket cd player will not come on. But then as I am driving it will all of a sudden pop on. Just as a side note, After the install of my aftermarket CD player, I noticed that when I hit the break I would hear a pop sound in my speakers, the cd player is hooked up to the factory amp "which I now know is not good" just wanted to see what you guys think?????

I'm not very familiar with the electricals of these engines yet, but to me, it sounds like a voltage regulator problem. I thought my battery was the problem, so I put in a haus of a Die Hard, the best one I could buy, and....still does it. All of my battery terminals are clean with excellent contact points. To me, it just seems like some sort of voltage regulator somewhere in the chain that's bad. Have you fixed the way your CD player is hooked up yet?