1996 Ls400 / Beeping Sound When Adjusting Thermostat Controls

Just purchased a 1996 LS400 one-owner w/ 99,000 miles. Have all the maintenance records, etc...it's a cream puff. Nakamichi sound system, heated seats, all the good stuff.

Now here is the rub...whenever I adjust fan speed, temperature setting, etc., there's a 'beep'.

I did search the forum and read where there's a button underneath/near the steering column that turns off the 'beep' for the security remote...I don't see that either but would like a silent 'beep' for that as well.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

All the best,

WC

Congrats on the purchase, WC. Sounds nice...wish I had heated seats and the Nak!!

The button for turning off the security system beep is kinda hard to find. Stand on your head on the drivers side floor and you'll find it. On my 98, it's a black button in the black plastic shield immediately behind the underdash light. This light is just to the right of the hood/trunk/gas flap pulls. Unfortunately in your case, it only turns off the exterior security beeps. It doesn't affect the interior chirping. The only way I know of is to find where the interior beep is coming from and cut the wires to it. That said, I've gotten used to the beeps, and when I'm in a car that doesn't beep, it seems weird. Same for the exerior beeps. With the beeps, I know I hit the right lock/unlock button (two beeps unlock, one beep lock...Lexus Logical...more beeps helps you find the car, one beep for confirmation), or if a passenger leaves a door slightly ajar (one loooooong beep). I'm sure you wanted my 2 cents worth :)