New '91 Es250 Owner

Andymon

I'm interested in replacing the rear suspension bushings (clunk-in-the-trunk). Does anybody have a direct link to the cheapest known source of these?

I don't like the stock 15" alloys and would like recommendations on cheap replacements. I know I can find the pattern and offset, but I'd also like recommendations for OEM replacements. What other tire sizes & offsets will fit? What other cars have these tire sizes and offsets? For instance, there's some 16" WRX wheels on eBay now that are local and cheap WITH tires, but I don't know if they would fit.

reference only, not affiliated:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/16-Subaru-I...1QQcmdZViewItem

Would these stock tC rims and tires work (same overall diameter)?:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-Toyota-S...031430310QQrdZ1

I see the window switches for sale as a unit all over eBay, but I just need the lock-switch cover for both sides. Anybody have a suggestion, or do these things have to be bought as a unit?

Also, the cruise control is broken. Looks like it turns on and will downshift when the car has coasted down a few MPH, but no acceleration or maintaining speed. A buddy said I may need a diaphragm or I may need the whole unit. Can anybody shed some light?

Thanks a million ahead of time!

-----Andymon

(clunk-in-the-trunk)

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?s...=&fsop=1&fsoo=1

Autoparts stores. 88-91 Camry. Replace/re-grease the reay sway bar bushings, and check/replace the sway bar end links.

it is alsoa dviseable to replace the dogbone suspension mount.

I don't like the stock 15"

You need to find rims along those specs.

FYI 2005 Scion TC = 5*100mm, +45mm offset

AFA Tires The famous Miata Tire Size Calculator

The cruise control has nothing to di with engine vacuum. It is a large electromechanical arm. The throttle cable goes inside it, the accellorator cable comes out & goes to the throttlebody.

Take the cover off it & see what's going on.

(clunk-in-the-trunk)

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?s...=&fsop=1&fsoo=1

Autoparts stores. 88-91 Camry. Replace/re-grease the reay sway bar bushings, and check/replace the sway bar end links.

it is alsoa dviseable to replace the dogbone suspension mount.

I don't like the stock 15"
<a href="http://www.toyotanation.com/faq/all_html2.php?prog=1〈=en#7" target="_blank">5.1. What is the bolt pattern and stock wheel offset?

Question:

What is the bolt pattern and stock wheel offset?

Answer:

Gen2:

Bolt pattern: 5 x 100

Offset: +38mm</a>

You need to find rims along those specs.

FYI 2005 Scion TC = 5*100mm, +45mm offset

AFA Tires The famous Miata Tire Size Calculator

The cruise control has nothing to di with engine vacuum. It is a large electromechanical arm. The throttle cable goes inside it, the accellorator cable comes out & goes to the throttlebody.

Take the cover off it & see what's going on.

toys is right. does your cruise light flash? if not then it isnt a problem with the electronics, its mechanical.

Replace/re-grease the reay sway bar bushings, and check/replace the sway bar end links.

it is also a dviseable to replace the dogbone suspension mount.

From my experience, the clunk is the rear sway bar bushings. Go ahead and replace them. They cost @ $15 at the dealership for the set of 2 and it only takes about 15 minutes to do both. There are a series of ridges that line the inside of the bushings. Once they wear down the clunking starts. Greasing them will only temporarily fix the problem until the grease wears off.

Well, I guess I could take the rear sway bar off to verify that is where the clunking is coming from. Can't hurt too much to drive without that for a few days....

Can't wait til the weather gets a bit warmer....

------Andymon

Well, I guess I could take the rear sway bar off to verify that is where the clunking is coming from. Can't hurt too much to drive without that for a few days....

Can't wait til the weather gets a bit warmer....

------Andymon

it may affect your alignment, and will put wear and tear on other suspension parts that isnt needed.

Yeaaaaaa when I first put my Whiteline RSB on with the Whiteline end links, I didn't get one side down tightly enough so the nut fell off that side (I forget which) I will say it was a clucnky & pretty hairy 2 hour drive home in the rain without half the RSB connected.

I wouldn't drive around without the rsb. You can do it, but IMHO it's really asking for trouble at some point.

• 2 months later...