Instrument Cluster

93ls400walt

93 ls 400, 94K. I have a " buzzing " sound comming from the inst. cluster. Seams to be getting louder. It occurs with the engine running or with the ing. key turned to the position where the idiot lights come on. The cluster lights work. The tach works sometimes, but always lower than actual engine RPM. The gas guage is slow to rise in cold weather. Sometimes the speedometer sets on 0, or pops up to speed after reaching 20-25 MPH.

I first noticed the buzz shortly after I replaced the brake light switch. But it may of been there before, it is masked by the heater blower or the radio. I bought the car Nov 4th. and it was not doing this then.

the noise sounds like a loud florecent light buzz.

Any thoughs?

I am not an expert on this, but it sounds like the old common cluster failure, but I have never heard of them "buzzing". I am sure someone will have more information.

Strange that it would be going out on your car this soon, considering it has such low mileage.