Austin Area Lexus Mechanic

RonandKay

Looking to take delivery of our IS250 next month. Plan to do most routine maintenance DIY. But will need good local mechanic in Austin, TX area for hard stuff.

Any recommendations for good Austin area mechanic familiar with Lexus or should I punt and take it to Lexus of Austin?

Regards & TIA....Ron and Kay

If I were you, I would use the new car warranty to its fullest potential and I beleive only Lexus and some Toyota shops are allowed to perform warranty work.

When the warrantly runs out or for items not covered by warranty or yourself, then consider JPI Importz in Garland, TX. How far is Garland from Austin. Texas is that tiny state down south, right? :P

steveij

• 3 weeks later...

I also live in Austin and recently purchased a Lexus. Unfortunately, most will tell you not to even bother with Lexus of Austin and would rather drive to SA for work. I wouldn't be concerned if it was warranty related though. I am DIY'er but the previous owner of my car took it to Bearden Automotive off 183N and Technology BLVD. They do honest, good work, but are on the high end for independent shops. They do specialize in Lexus, so perhaps that is to be expected. I have found a couple Toyota tech's willing to work on my car, but considering it is a LS400 they don't have experience with many elements of it.

Looking to take delivery of our IS250 next month. Plan to do most routine maintenance DIY. But will need good local mechanic in Austin, TX area for hard stuff.

Any recommendations for good Austin area mechanic familiar with Lexus or should I punt and take it to Lexus of Austin?

Regards & TIA....Ron and Kay