Help With Oem Stereo

I need some help. my oem stereo 99 GS400 the display is all jumbled. I searched and found that this has been a common problem, and the fix is to replace the LCD indicator assy. this is part no CWM4319 as listed on the pioneer website for 85.00. my question is this. the vehicles discussed on the forum topics I found doing a search all listed older es and ls models, so I'm not sure if that part no would work on my vehicle. I called pioneer, and they said they needed the stereo model no to verify. does anyone know how to find out the model number without removing the stereo from the dash. or if part no CWM4319 is in fact the correct no. the oem stereo is the Lexus premium sound system with cassette, and 6 disc cd changer in the glove box. no navigation. I called the dealer and he said the model no was on the cassette opening which does have p1708 on it but pioneer said that was not the no. the dealer also did not no this could be fixed without replacing the whole unit. any help is appreciated.

I need some help. my oem stereo 99 GS400 the display is all jumbled. I searched and found that this has been a common problem, and the fix is to replace the LCD indicator assy. this is part no CWM4319 as listed on the pioneer website for 85.00. my question is this. the vehicles discussed on the forum topics I found doing a search all listed older es and ls models, so I'm not sure if that part no would work on my vehicle. I called pioneer, and they said they needed the stereo model no to verify. does anyone know how to find out the model number without removing the stereo from the dash. or if part no CWM4319 is in fact the correct no. the oem stereo is the Lexus premium sound system with cassette, and 6 disc cd changer in the glove box. no navigation. I called the dealer and he said the model no was on the cassette opening which does have p1708 on it but pioneer said that was not the no. the dealer also did not no this could be fixed without replacing the whole unit. any help is appreciated.

Nobody with a GS has had a similar problem?

Would you want to take someone's word for it when it came to the part number? You're going to have to pull the stereo anyway to fix and/or replace it. Might as well get the right part number to ensure you get the correct replacement parts.

Good luck!

:cheers: