Mp3 Cd Problems

Hello all. My 2006 GS is 4 now days old.

One of the features to which I was most looking forward too, is the MP3 CD changer. I am having problems burning MP3 CDs in the proper way. The burned disks are not recognized in the player.

So, I used Itunes. I made a new playlist of 120 mp3s. I converted whatever M4A files I had to MP3. All the files were definatly MP3s. In the burn options tab, I changed the "disk format" to MP3. Itunes burned the disk. I checked the disk on my PC, all the files are mp3, and all the files are in the root directory (no directories on the disk). The CD does not work in the Lexus. Any ideas?

I want you to do something for me. Tell me whether or not it physically says "Mp3" anywhere on your sound system or anything to that capacity. I work for a Lexus dealership and I just talked to a salesman who said that none of our vehicles are equiped with mp3 cd players. I also went out and took a look at all of our 06 GS inventory and did not see anything to imply that they had MP3 CD playing potential. Did your salesman tell you it had this feature or did you hear it from word of mouth?

Let me know and I will investigate this matter further.