Any Recommendations For Independent Inspection?

I have a previous post about a GS400 that I want to buy and I am considering it. Based off the records the dealership has pulled for me on the VIN, the summary report shows that the car has been taken to the dealer for service every 5,000 miles for the past 160,000.

However, that doesn't necessarily mean the GS400 is in perfect operating condition, so I would like to know if anyone out there can recommend to me an independent inspection service that I can use. The car is located in Indianapolis, but I'm in Chicago, so I can't take my mechanic out there to have a look at it.

I was looking online and there seems to be dozens of these nationwide inspection services, like Carchex, Magoos, AutomobileInspections. com, etc... and their prices range anywhere from $80 to $300. I've also heard that the inspectors associated with some of these services do a half a$$ed job of inspecting since the company contracts mechanics in various cities and gives them about a 50% cut. I can't imagine someone getting $40 is going to do a good and thorough job of inspecting a car I want to buy. But then again, I would rather not pay $300 for an inspection if the $80 is going to be the same.

So, can anyone help me with a service that I can use? Or if you've had an experience with one of the nationwide online ones, I'd like to hear about that as well. I hate to buy this GS400 and find out I have $2000 worth of repairs coming soon.