Help Power Steering Pump Bad?

Hello

I need some help. I bought a 1994 es300 with a bad motor.

I replaced the the motor with one that only 74,000k on it. The problem is the powersteering fluid keeps blowing out the resarvoir at driving speeds. When i check it out my wife turns the wheel tight revs the motor up and it will come out the resavior. I have to refill every 2 days or it goes dry. The $189. dollar / is do i have a bad powerstreeing pump or is there a check value in line someplace that needs replacing. The pump seems to works great I don't want to buy a replacment if that wont fix the problem.

thanks ray in seattle

I tried checking the res swapping the large lines going to the pump. I see a a wire on it

Does this have a an electrial part the regs pressure. I am grabbing at straws tryng to figure this out. at 25 miles to the quart of p/s fluid got to get it fixed. As i said before I don't want to spend $200.plus and still have the same problem

THANKS

You mean the wire clip on top of the powersteering pump?

That turns the hydraulic fluid going to the hydraulic radiator fan from low to high.

MVC-515F.jpg

MVC-522F.jpg

MVC-521F.jpg

Otherwise no. All Toyota's that use a hydraulic powersteering (Minus very rescent electricall / electrically assisted) use manifold & pre throttlebody vacuum to adjust the powersteering pressure. It's not electrical.

On mine. (engine before yours) There is an engine ground wire that runsto that general area.