1990 Ls400 Brake System Upgrade

falciott

Hi guys, I know it's been a while since i've been on here, I'm such a slacker :whistles: , forgive my occasional drop ins but here is my dilemma. I replaced the stock wheels on my 1990 LS 400 with those awesome 16" wheels from a 98-00 models"which by the way, definetly take a few years away from that 15 year old look" , and I did that with the purpose of eventually being able to upgrade the brake system, since it would have been hard to do on the stock 15" wheels. Well time has come, since the pads are wearing down, so here was my plan" I will be installing Akebono Pro Act ceramics pads, since they're virtually fade free, and create very little dust, but I also want to upgrade my single piston caliper and wanted to install slighty bigger drilled rotors. I have looked everywhere, but the only calipers and rotors I find as a replacement are the same size as what I have now. Does anyone know if the double piston calipers from later 91' and up LS400 woud be a direct fit on my car? or even the rotors..or even any other after marker manufacturer?! Any help would be greatly appreciated, aloha!! :cheers:

http://photobucket.com/albums/d69/falciott...nt=ls400005.jpg

I think you would have to interchange the WHOLE suspension in order to do it. I think it has been done.... not sure... but they 4 pot calipers will not fit your suspension.. that i know. Have one myself.

Hi Highlander, I was hoping that was not the case, I figured there might have been a maufacturer with a direct fit replacements. A 4 piston caliper would have been ideal, but I would have settled for a 2 piston one. I haven;t even asked a Lexus dealership, as I assume they might be inclined to wanna keep things stock on their cars, but I'll try to do some more research .. keeping my fingers crossed :blink:

• 1 month later...