Sun Visor Change

Driving my new 400H, I recently had the sun shining over my shoulder and into my eye. I flipped my sun visor over and low and behold no extension to pull out, and no way to block the sun, in the 8-10inches between piller and visor.

I had become accustomed to this feature on my RX300 and miss it.

I am negotiating with my dealer for an old visor of the same color and a new one so I can attempt an extension transplant..

If there is any interest I will post results.

Driving my new 400H, I recently had the sun shining over my shoulder and into my eye.  I flipped my sun visor over and low and behold no extension to pull out, and no way to block the sun, in the 8-10inches between piller and visor.

I am negotiating with my dealer for an old visor of the same color and a new one so I can attempt an extension transplant..

Instead of the extension, the visor itself slides further out on it's connecting rod, allowing it to cover more of the driver's window and block the sun. So you pull out the whole visor instead of just an extension. Have you tried this?

This works for me, but it's not as functional as the twin visors on my venerable Saab 9-5 that my 400h replaced.

Driving my new 400H, I recently had the sun shining over my shoulder and into my eye.  I flipped my sun visor over and low and behold no extension to pull out, and no way to block the sun, in the 8-10inches between piller and visor.

Instead of the extension, the visor itself slides further out on it's connecting rod, allowing it to cover more of the driver's window and block the sun. So you pull out the whole visor instead of just an extension. Have you tried this?

This works for me, but it's not as functional as the twin visors on my venerable Saab 9-5 that my 400h replaced.

DUH!! Why didn't I, The Dealer, or my salesman think of that!!

My old Porsche has fixed visors!

The implant was to be a more creative solution, you took away all the FUN!!

Thanks for the easy remedy!!

Have a great Holiday!