How To Remove 95 Ls400 Gauge Cluster

srgilbert

Well it's time to send my cluster off to Jim Walker however I cannot figure how to get it out. I took off the (2) bottom screws and the 95 unlike earlier years does not seem to have screws at the top to hold it in. Can anyone help me to figure out what is holding it in? I tried pulling on the tabs on the bottom (perhaps 4 of them) and no budge.

Thanks

Well it's time to send my cluster off to Jim Walker however I cannot figure how to get it out.  I took off the (2) bottom screws and the 95 unlike earlier years does not seem to have screws at the top to hold it in.  Can anyone help me to figure out what is holding it in?  I tried pulling on the tabs on the bottom (perhaps 4 of them) and no budge.

Thanks

Alright sir. If you look closely on the top, you will see 2 small opening on the top of your dash, probebly enough for a flat head to go in. All you need to do (CAREFULLY) is to insert a flat head there, and press on the 2 pressure clips to release the cluster, and that is all. I had the same problem your facing, and had to put it back together and do it all over again after some help on the forum.

Just look carefully for those 2 spots, might have to pull on the trim above the cluster to see them. BECAREFUL not to bend thee trim TOO hard. Good luck.

Well it's time to send my cluster off to Jim Walker however I cannot figure how to get it out.  I took off the (2) bottom screws and the 95 unlike earlier years does not seem to have screws at the top to hold it in.  Can anyone help me to figure out what is holding it in?  I tried pulling on the tabs on the bottom (perhaps 4 of them) and no budge.

Thanks

Alright sir. If you look closely on the top, you will see 2 small opening on the top of your dash, probebly enough for a flat head to go in. All you need to do (CAREFULLY) is to insert a flat head there, and press on the 2 pressure clips to release the cluster, and that is all. I had the same problem your facing, and had to put it back together and do it all over again after some help on the forum.

Just look carefully for those 2 spots, might have to pull on the trim above the cluster to see them. BECAREFUL not to bend thee trim TOO hard. Good luck.

THANKS! You were a huge help. It was a struggle - not sure how I will be able to get all the connectors back but it is out. I recommend taking off the steering wheel cover to get a bit more room.

Thanks again

Thanks

THANKS! You were a huge help. It was a struggle - not sure how I will be able to get all the connectors back but it is out. I recommend taking off the steering wheel cover to get a bit more room.

Thanks again

Anytime B)

• 10 years later...

I sent a email to Jim Walker, said won't be back to work till Nov. 2016, would anyone recommend someone  else to repair the instrument cluster panel, total dark. Thanks bossmover 

I'm still trying to find out how to get the instrument cluster panel off. I see post on removing bottom screws and a small screw driver to pop the clips on top. Do you start from the bottom panel and work up, and remove the panel around the ignition, and all the covers around the column,  it's very confusing, no one really explains how to do it. All help would be appreciated. Trying to do this tomorrow, took day off from work, so I can send it out for repair. Lol, please I need help !