What Is This Noise?!

2001owner

Hello all,

I bought a certified preowned LS 430 last week. It's amazing except for one thing: whenever you hit the SLIGHTEST bump in the road, I hear all this rickety sound coming from what seems like the wood paneling on all the doors, especially the back doors--as if it wasn't securely fastened or something. At first I thought it was the sound of the leather, but I really think it's coming from the wood. Has this happened to anyone? Is this just normal? I was under the impression buying this car would offer me a quiet ride. But so far..no.

Do I need to take this in, or is this normal and I should get used to it.

Thank you!

Courtney

Courtney,

That is not normal at all. I've had 4 LS cars and none of them ever made a single noise when going over bumps. You are correct in your assumption that this car should be whisperquiet. Since the car is a CPO you should insist the Service Consultant ride along with you to hear the noise. Having spent the considerable amount of $$$ you shouldn't have to "get used" to any fault on your car!

Lexus takes pride in their flagship being one of the quietest cars on the road. (If not the quietest!) I'm sure they'll do whatever it takes to fix it!

Hope this helps,

Sam

Hello all,

I bought a certified preowned LS 430 last week.  It's amazing except for one thing:  whenever you hit the SLIGHTEST bump in the road, I hear all this rickety sound coming from what seems like the wood paneling on all the doors, especially the back doors--as if it wasn't securely fastened or something.  At first I thought it was the sound of the leather, but I really think it's coming from the wood.  Has this happened to anyone?  Is this just normal?  I was under the impression buying this car would offer me a quiet ride.    But so far..no.

Do I need to take this in, or is this normal and I should get used to it.

Thank you!

Courtney

LEXUS is really kewl when it comes to customer service. Your example is what they do daily. Cheers to them.

For sure no noises inside the LS.. Mine is a 93 and I have no noises.

Also dont forget to submit your vote (first for the 2001) on what year LS you own. Its at the top of the front 400/430 page. Below the dash light issues for the first generations.