Rx300 Brake Setup Advice

Volcano29

Hello, I am new to this site and currently own a 99 RX300. I would like to recieve input on this combination:

I am looking to install Hawk Performance Ceramic Brake Pads for the front and Hawk Performance HPS Brake Pads for the rear. Along with the pads I am going to install Brembo rotors for the front and Rotora slotted rotor for the rear. Is this a good combination?? Thankyou very much any input or feedback is appreciated.

I have Brembo blank front and Rotora Slotted rear. I bought Brembo front because I did not know Rotora makes one for RX300.

Pads I have Akebono Ceramic for both front and rear. My suggestion is to keep the same pads and rotor front and rear because you will throw off bias Toyota designed and applied to front and rear brakes by going to pads with different friction coeficient. See Stop Tech white paper why a balanced braking system minimize stopping distance.

Instead of the Akebonos, are these pads better :Lexus EBC Brake Pads Green Stuff.  Lextasy has them for 158.  Any imput appreciated.

Depends on what you need, EBC is semi-metallic but has higher friction coeficient. Akebono is ceramic, gives you a lot less dust, squeak, but it has lower bite. What ever you decide, same brand, same finish for both front and rear. $158 is a lot, I got Akebono for $100 shipped from www.rockauto.com, (you can google a 5% coupon on internet). Just from the price alone, EBC has to be 50% better (depend on what is imporant to you) than Akebono to breakeven on satisfication.

If you really could care less about black dust covering your wheels, Axxis Ultimate is one of the better performance semi-metallic pads, but it generates tons of dust, much more than EBC and heck a lot more than Akebono.

I would just replace the rear since you are not sure, to keep the bias balanced, you can take off the spare tire to bias forward. It helps accelaration and stopping since you have less overall mass (from the rear) and you offset relative higher bite in the rear. But I would not have different pads for long. BTW, taking the spare tire off means you will need to call roadside assistance in case of a flat tire, should not be a problem if you never intend to change flat yourself on the side of the road.