Cruise Control Actuator

sank

Hi guys my cruise control actuator assembly nut broke off while I was trying to tighten it. I was wondering if I could replace just the nut or would I have to buy a whole new cruise control actuator device?. Also while it broke of I realized the car was stuttering when I drove it. The idle is very rough to a point where its vibrating some engine parts. It runs and sounds as if its on one spark plug and but I know thats not the cause. Any suggestions as to what the stuttering and rough idle could be?. I was trying to adjust the throttle cable and so I assumed that was the place to start since the car has a back lash when I step on the gas and when I release the gas pedal any suggestions on that engine jerk problem?. I replaced the front and dogbone engine mounts could it be the rear motor mount causing the engine to jerk back and forth when pressing on the gas pedal and on letting go ?. it should be a smooth transition when giving gas and on easing of the oedal too Please help thanks. Also I thought the stuttering and rough idle could have been a result of too much fuel in the system since I was occassionaly tugging on the throttle cable could this be it?. I appreciate your feedback guys. :cheers:

A picture would be helpful, but yes you can replace the nuts. Just take the thing to a nut & bolt house and have them give you another one.

One thing you can do is bypass the cruise control until you fix whatever it was.

Take the throttle cable (From the gas pedal) off the cruise control, and put it on the throttle plate. It'll reach.