Warranty Is Lovely

NEED HELP! Ever since I bought my 19's on my 2000 GS400 i have noticed loud creaking of the suspension, brakes or steering when moving slowly forward or reverse from park with the wheel turned, such as leaving a driveway; it was almost like a clanging sound. I went to the dealership, after looking it over they told me that my ball joints needed to be replaced, one of my strut bushings were cracked and the sway bushings were dry and needed to be replaced as well. Thank god the warranty covers ALL. The dealership told me that it would have been about $1000 to fix; $600 alone for replacing the ball joints (the labor is expensive). Could these items been the culprit to the above mentioned "clanging sound" or is it just coincidental that they found things that needed to be replaced?

Also, I need some advise. I bought the car about 2 years ago in 2003, it had 46,500 mi. on it. It now has 69,800 mi. I got a lexus certified extended warranty on it for 3 years or 100,000 mi. which ever comes first. Well, I only have 1 year left on this warranty. Would you suggest trying to

1. extend it further

2. let it run out and do all the mods I want

3. extend further and do mods anyway that will void warranty; I really want to do some things like a torque converter and 3.76 rear.

You see, I really want to extend the warranty... I just saved $1000 because of it (story above) but I want to do more mods. What should I do? Such a dillemma. Do you guys make "friends" with your dealership in hopes of them still warrantying your vehicle even with your mods... does it work???? I have heard of such stories.

bro they really do cover the suspenison?? this is a major concern to me cause i have 19's on my car and i thought they would use this as an excuse not to fix it..my sales advisor told me that the suspenion is coverred but i thought it was bs..this is a releif.. how long did it take?