Raw Gas Coming From Exhaust

thug252

When I bought the car it did not run. The motor was seized due to oil starvation After installing a Japanese engine in my 1992 lexus es300, and running the engine, raw fuel comes from the tailpipe. I then removed the motor and exchanged it for another motor which I installed in the car only to do the same thing. I do not know where to start. The engine in the car now is a japanese engine with a US intake manifold it runs but is missing and has fuel coming from the tailpipe. any help is appreciated.

Sounds like you've got weak ignition in some cylinders. A 3vz-fe will run on 2 of 6. Stupid !Removed! OBD-I won't even throw a code. :\

Check the coil, dsitributor's rotor & cap, plugs & wires.

On a side note:

What's:

The cam timing

Ignition timing

"VS" voltage comming from the air-flow meter (Yellow wire-blue stripe, or cut the top off & check the votlage on the flap arm) with the engine off & the key ON, & with the engine idling

what is the voltage on VF1 & VF2 with the engine idling

Fuel pressure @ idle

Unplug the cold-start injector's electrical connector & see if it goes away

Check injector duration (Digital multimeter's dwell function)

How bad is the gas smell / fuel vapor. If the cat is bad, or you don't have one, it's going to be like that until the o2 sensors warm up & the engine enters closed loop mode.