Climate Control Panel Went Dead

fmazzuca

The other day my climate control panel went dead and has remained inactive. I checked the fuses and didn't find any blown. I looked at the relays in the main fuse box under the hood but couldn't tell anything. Before I go to the dealer, does anyone have any advice? I couldn't find any wiring diagrams on the net.

Thanx

The other day my climate control panel went dead and has remained inactive. I checked the fuses and didn't find any blown.  I looked at the relays in the main fuse box under the hood but couldn't tell anything. Before I go to the dealer, does anyone have any advice? I couldn't find any wiring diagrams on the net.

Thanx

Check to see if the cigarette lighter is working that is on the same fuse as the climate system. I had a similar problem with mine, but it just turned out to be a bad (loose, dirty) connection where the fuse went into the fuse block. Is there anything going to the climate control unit? Any buttons light up? Does the backlight come on with the headlights at night, etc?

The other day my climate control panel went dead and has remained inactive. I checked the fuses and didn't find any blown.  I looked at the relays in the main fuse box under the hood but couldn't tell anything. Before I go to the dealer, does anyone have any advice? I couldn't find any wiring diagrams on the net.

Thanx

Check to see if the cigarette lighter is working that is on the same fuse as the climate system. I had a similar problem with mine, but it just turned out to be a bad (loose, dirty) connection where the fuse went into the fuse block. Is there anything going to the climate control unit? Any buttons light up? Does the backlight come on with the headlights at night, etc?

Which fuse did you check? The cigarette lighter hasn't worked for a long time. I think the problem with that is the lighter coil, not the socket. No buttons light up and the backlight doesn't light.. I'll have to go to the auto supply and get a new lighter to know for sure.

Thanx

Which fuse did you check? The cigarette lighter hasn't worked for a long time. I think the problem with that is the lighter coil, not the socket. No buttons light up and the backlight doesn't light.. I'll have to go to the auto supply and get a new lighter to know for sure.

THANX!........Fuse number 10 (A 15 AMP) for the cigarette lighter was the problem. I changed the fuse and the controls came back and works perfectly. Your advice was correct!!!!!