Gs300 Hesitates From Start

All of a sudden this issues appears.... bought the car 3 months ago.... everything was great ..... then out of no-where.... the car hesitates when i give it gas from a full stop. seems to be getting worse as today while it hesitated, it actually backfired..... Now That Can't Be Good!

i read all about resetting the ECU .... is that what i should do ... or does this sound like its something else.....

Actually, not knowing any better, i found out that my wife has been putting Regular gas in the car instead of Premium (super). is this the source of this problem ??

I am almost on empty and will fill it up with super today or tomorrow ..... hoping this will take away the stalling effect.

SECOND QUESTION.....not related to above......... some say that if that if a car has never had transmission fluids changed (over x amount of years), that you are better off not changing it now either..... is that B.S. ?

thanks in advance to all who reply

What year GS and how many miles, why does everyone forget the obvious?!?!?!?

Check fuel filter, replace it if you haven't already. Reset ECU, Use premium fron now on and use seafoam in the next couple of tanks of gas. <_< The fluid comment is PURE BS!!!! Have all the fluids changed (brakes, power steering) and the trans flushed by a reputable shop. check air filter also.

sorry about that .... 1998 GS300

i put premium gas and the problem dissapeared.... except the last time i filled up premium at a crappy gas station .... and the problem reappeared..... therefore i see these cars are very sensative to the quality of gas you use.... also noticed that i dont have this problem when i keep the car in "power" mode