Front Door Rubber Gasket Seals

Hello all...rockit here. I am new and although I adore my 96' ES300, I have much to learn. This is my question/probem. The front door (both) rubber gasket seals are worn at the same spot and a serious amount of air/noise comes through going down the interstate. Have to keep playing the Moody Blues over and over just to not become majorly annoyed. I wish to replace them but Toyota/Lexus want $120 for each one plus another $80 each for installation. This is just insane. Any help on where these might be purchased (OEM-?) with instructions with how to replace them would be greatly appreciated. For what it is worth, I spent the better part of an hour with the search tool and found nothing. As a new member, I would ask to be excused for something I know must be a regular problem with any older Lexus. Thanks a bunch.

For aftermarket:  try www.jcwhitney.com

For Lexus OEM:  try www.newlexusparts.com

To lower you installation costs by $80 each, install them yourself.

steviej

Thanks for the information Steve. I suppose the question begs itself, how are they installed. <I am so embarassed to ask>

Thanks for the information Steve. I suppose the question begs itself, how are they installed. <I am so embarassed to ask>

the easiest thing for you to do, it to go open your door and inspect what you have.

Bend and ply the rubber around and look for mounting plates or screw. Look for preformed holes in the rubber, these may be hints to screws inside the rubber.

steviej