2004 Gs430 All-wheel Drive?

My sales rep said that the new 2004 GS will be AWD. Has anyone heard anything about this or is he confusing this with the new HDX design. I pressed him on the HDX but he insisted that they are different models.

My sales rep said that the new 2004 GS will be AWD. Has anyone heard anything about this or is he confusing this with the new HDX design. I pressed him on the HDX but he insisted that they are different models.

The HDX that is going to production is a modified chassis from the GS, but there is nothing slated for the GS to come as an AWD. I have also heard this rumor, but that is all it is a rumor. On the other hand, the HDX looks like a sweet vehicle.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm very curious about this HDX as well as the new GS430. I have a 1995 GS300 and it's time for a new car. I'm thinking either this new GS430 or the BMW 540i or Jaguar S-type R. My wife is sold on the Jag but I think I can bring her back to the Lexus camp if they change the tail lights for 2004.

So where do I look to find info about this new GS? I've tried google and all-the-web but I find nothing. I don't even find anything searching this BB for HDX (which is odd since I should have at least picked up your post.

edit: Oops, I figured it out. It's HPX. Must have been a typo. Here is an article for others that are interested... http://www.new-cars.com/concept/2003/lexus...px-concept.html