Brake wear light reset?

murthog

I recently replaced all the disc pads on my 93 LS400.

The brake wear warning light on the dash stayed on. I suspected that one of the wear sensors may have been damaged so I disconnected it. The light is still on.

I disconnected all of the sensors. The light is still on.

Does anyone know if there is a reset switch?

thanks, Alan

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Taking the sensor out won't help! You have to replace the sensor in order for the light to come off. The sensor is just a copper wire that's looped, when wire is broken the sys sees ckt is open and that is what triggers the light to come on.

• 1 year later...

:huh:

Are you saying that the wire breaks when the brakes need replacing & you need to buy a NEW sensor?

OR

remove the current sensor & then replace it & the light will go out? <_<

• 8 months later...
:huh:

Are you saying that the wire breaks when the brakes need replacing & you need to buy a NEW sensor? 

OR

remove the current sensor & then replace it & the light will go out? <_<

I know this thread is old, but hey someone might need the info. As to the question, the wire doesn't break unless you let it. Some owners have a sense when their brakes need to be changed before that light comes on and some don't . Yes if the wire breaks you will need to replace it for the light to go out or just loop the connections in the harness for the sensor and you will never have to worry about that ever again. ;)