Ipod To Trunk Cd Changer Mod Help

hey, i'm in the process of doing a mod to my lexus es300 1993. what i'm doing is taking the cd changer audio right and left channels that run from the trunk up to the deck, i'm taking these wires and splicing in an ipod to them. i'm attempting to do what this guy did http://bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=365451 Edit #2 (the simplified version). anyway, my trouble is i don't know which wires are the audio right and left running from the cd player to the deck. i don't want to take the deck out, so is there anyway i can test the wires with a handy multimeter or does anyone have schematics for the wiring?

thanks for any help.

This might be a long shot, but I believe there are adapters for later model ES300's that probably come with some sort of wiring diagram, you could try and scavenge one of those. Have you tried peeling back the black tape and looking at the wires themselves? Sometimes they have which wire is which stamped on the sleeve.