It There A Timing Belt On A 95 Sc400?

If so, when is the normal replacement. I have 55k miles on my 95 SC400, just wondering about things I need to be getting done. The maintenance schedule in the book isn't very clear, would like to know what to ask for before walking into the dealership.

Thanks.

Anyone?  Surely somebody has changed a timing belt or had it done.  Will call dealer shortly.

It is a timing belt. At least on my SC400 (1992) it is. I just had mine replaced and the belt is not too expensive, but the installation is!. I am lucky to have a close personal friend who is a mechanic and he did mine for me. One good thing aboutthe V-8 engine is that if the timing belt fails, it will not destroy the engine. There are engines where a timing belt failure will destroy the engine. If you do the belt, go ahead and do the water pump. It is in the same place and all of the stuff that has to come off of the engine to get to the belt is a lot and there is no sense in paying the tear down charge again, a few months later.

B)

Anyone?  Surely somebody has changed a timing belt or had it done.  Will call dealer shortly.

It is a timing belt. At least on my SC400 (1992) it is. I just had mine replaced and the belt is not too expensive, but the installation is!. I am lucky to have a close personal friend who is a mechanic and he did mine for me. One good thing aboutthe V-8 engine is that if the timing belt fails, it will not destroy the engine. There are engines where a timing belt failure will destroy the engine. If you do the belt, go ahead and do the water pump. It is in the same place and all of the stuff that has to come off of the engine to get to the belt is a lot and there is no sense in paying the tear down charge again, a few months later.

B)

Thanks, I appreciate the input. I may go ahead and have it done.