Change To Aftermarket Rims - Tire Sensors

Hello,

I have an 06 GS300, I swapped the stock rims with aftermarket 17's -they fit just fine, the only problem is that I have the tire pressure sensor warnings on the dashboard- I read the manual in order to reset it so that the warning goes away (followed the instructions to press down until blinks 3 times) but the warning is still there. Am I to understand that the tire pressure sensors will ONLY work with the stock rims othewise you have the warning signals on? that would stink. Can someone please shed some light? thanks in advance...

JP

Give your Lexus Technical advisor a call, they should be able to advise you on that. I know on some cars, the sensors are built into the valve stems. Don't know how the new Lexus are designed. :)

Give your Lexus Technical advisor a call, they should be able to advise you on that.  I know on some cars, the sensors are built into the valve stems.  Don't know how the new Lexus are designed. :)

The sensors swapped right out of the OEM rims to the aftermarkets, that was no problem. Figured i'd try here first before calling Lexus thanks!

JP