How Do You Disable The Tire Pressure Sensor Light

Shpritz

Has anyone figured out how to disable the light itself on the SC430. I plan on changing to larger wheels. I have done a search and located the sensor alarm under the steering wheel column to diable the alarm itself. There must be a way to diable the light. I really don't want to stick a piece of black tape on the dash. Has anyone figure out how to turn the darn light out itself?????

• 1 year later...

Has anyone figured out how to disable the light itself on the SC430. I plan on changing to larger wheels. I have done a search and located the sensor alarm under the steering wheel column to diable the alarm itself. There must be a way to diable the light. I really don't want to stick a piece of black tape on the dash. Has anyone figure out how to turn the darn light out itself?????

I am about to change wheels and tires and expect the same issue (if TPS guages do not transfer to new wheels). I found a discussion on this other forum: http://www.clublexus.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=63

Best fix appears to be:

- put shifter on N, screw off shifter

- open up center console

- pull the whole heated seat module straight up, it will come up. disconnect

- you will be able to pull up the "back" part of the shift plate area (close to center console)

- once it's up, the only point holding it are two clips right below the radio

- pull the shift plate towards the back of the car and a bit angle up. jiggle a bit and it will come off

- once it's out, you will see the TPS unit right below the radio

- unplug BOTH plugs, one small on the right and one bigger one on the left

- put everything back and enjoy

but don't know if I will be brave enough to do all that.

• 8 months later...