To 40k Or Not To 40k

riz1

I have a CPO 2002 ES300 (purchased at 30K miles) and am about to hit 40K. I'm trying to figure out whether I need to go through the Lexus-prescribed 40K service or whether I can just get an oil/filter change followed by the 45K service in the future.

I called Toyota and they are actually charging more than Lexus for the same service! When I inquired about the details the word "inspection" was used very often. It seems like they'll just do the standard $25 service and give the car a once over and charge me almost $150.

However, if this is something important I would appreciate some feedback. Keep in mind that when I purchased the car at 30K it had gone through the CPO inspection process and I got new Tires, brakes etc.

Thanks!

The Lexus dealer should have a history of all the work done on your CPO ES. Ask the dealer to look it up on their computer, In fact it doesn't matter what Lexus dealer you go to.......they all have this information.

I have a CPO 2002 ES300 (purchased at 30K miles) and am about to hit 40K.  I'm trying to figure out whether I need to go through the Lexus-prescribed 40K service or whether I can just get an oil/filter change followed by the 45K service in the future. 

I called Toyota and they are actually charging more than Lexus for the same service!  When I inquired about the details the word "inspection" was used very often.  It seems like they'll just do the standard $25 service and give the car a once over and charge me almost $150. 

However, if this is something important I would appreciate some feedback.  Keep in mind that when I purchased the car at 30K it had gone through the CPO inspection process and I got new Tires, brakes etc.

Thanks!

So far most of the service items at 45 60 and 90K are a ripoff and you can do yourself. I know my dealers wanted around $1,100 for the 90K service and I laughed. I can do everything they can for 1/4 the price. I only have them do the timing belt, water pump and drive belts. The rest is easy stuff.

In fact the other day they sent me a "sale" letter stating the $179 for the following is a good deal:

- Change oil and filter

- CHECK and fill fluids.

- Clean and check battery fluid

- Install new wipers

***What a deal***

Also had a coolant flush for $150 and 4 tire for $699.95

Boy where do I sign up! JOKE