Help Cleaning Turmeric Stains On Rx330 Hood

rvsvlexus

HELP!!! :cries:

We just picked our 2005 RX330 yesterday. Color: Millenium Silver, light gray interior.

To make a long story short (please don't ask what and how :( ), we now have a dark nickel/quarter size turmeric stain on the hood: turmeric+water mixed and touched on the hood. It was also put on the aluminium alloy wheels. We tried cleaning it with plain water but we still see light yellow color on the wheels and quarter size stain on the hood.

We are planning to get the sealant & leather protectant for exterior and interior but the stains happened before we could do that :(

Do you have any suggestions on how to get it out? I plan to take it to the dealer and show it to them.

What are all the possible ways of getting it out, with the worst case being replacing the hood (is that an option, dollars aside)?

I really appreciate your help at the earliest.

Also, what kind of car care protection is good. I live in the bay area and plan to take it to one of the dealers to get this done.

A stain on the HOOD of the car?....on the paint...i ddn't know tumeric was taht strong! The wheels...i guess you could use a rim cleaner from the local automotive store.

A claybar might take out the tumeric residue...but i'm not sure...your best bet is call a really good detailer...and have them take a look at it....and ask them how much they will charge to clean it. They'll probably claybar/polish/wax the paint restoring to new.

A stain on the HOOD of the car?....on the paint...i ddn't know tumeric was taht strong! The wheels...i guess you could use a rim cleaner from the local automotive store.

A claybar might take out the tumeric residue...but i'm not sure...your best bet is call a really good detailer...and have them take a look at it....and ask them how much they will charge to clean it. They'll probably claybar/polish/wax the paint restoring to new.

Thanks. I don't know of any detailers in this area other than looking in the yellow pages. Would the local lexus dealer be able to direct me to a good one? Since I also want to get the sealant (exterior, interior), would you suggest I just go thru the dealer?

Try clay bar, it is as simple as 1)clean wax w/ Dawn dishwasher solution & water mixure 2)spray lubrication for clay bar 3) use clay bar and shear stain away 4)wash and wax. It is as easy as washing your car, you can buy clay bar at any local auto store.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Want to report back that I took the car to the dealer. He used some kind of a rubbing compound/soap (don't know the name or brand) and the stain came off :)

Rubbing compound is abrasive, basically the dealer is scraping a layer of clear coat off. Clay bar is non-abrasive and just shear the stain away and does not thin out the paint.