Arre All 1st Gen Ls400's 2 Tone Color?

Salue

Hello everybody,

I just joined this forum because I am interested in purchasing a 1st gen LS400. So far, this site has been the most informative in my research. One thing I am not sure of is; Did the 1st gen LS 400 ever have one single color on top and bottom? I thought I've seen a couple of all black ones on the road but am not sure. I am really interested if they ever came with a solid color. All the ones I've looked for online have been two tone. Thanks for all the useful information.

Salue

all Lexus except the SCs were two tone for the 1st few years due to the bottoms were dent resistant plastic. They felt they couldnt match the paint so they went to tone. You can have the plastic panels repainted to match .

all Lexus except the SCs were two tone for the 1st few years due to the bottoms were dent resistant plastic. They felt they couldnt match the paint so they went to tone. You can have the plastic panels repainted to match .

Are you sure thats why? GS's both new and old with plastic trim always came in monotone. As well as LS's outside the US.