I Got House Paint On My Car

OK THIS IS A SERIOUS ISSUE I NEED HELP ON GETTIN THIS OFF..I GOT HOUSE PAINT ON MY CAR JUST ON THE BOTTOM,INSIDE THE WHEELWELL,AND ON THE TIRES NOW I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO GET IT OFF...PLEASE HELP ME SERIOUSLY IM COMING HERE WITH CONFEDENSE THAT YOU GUYS CAN HELP ME.. NOW ITS NOT ALOT OF PAINT JUST ENOUGH TO NOTICE BUT THE WHEELWELL IS BAD AND THE TIRES IM NOT WORRIED BOUT THE TIRES AND THE WHEELWELL CAUSE I CAN USE LACHER THINNER ON THE TIRES AND WHEELWELL..OR AM I WRONG I HAVENT EVEN HAD THE CAR A MONTH AND THIS SH*T HAPPENS MY FRIEND TOLD ME I COULD USE LACHER THINNER SO IM GONNA TRY THAT BUT CAN SOMEONE HERE GIVE ME SOME HELP OR SOMETHING THANK YOU VERY MUCH GUYS FOR ANY HELP... :censored:

OK THIS IS A SERIOUS ISSUE I NEED HELP ON GETTIN THIS OFF..I GOT HOUSE PAINT ON MY CAR JUST ON THE BOTTOM,INSIDE THE WHEELWELL,AND ON THE TIRES NOW I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO GET IT OFF...PLEASE HELP ME SERIOUSLY IM COMING HERE WITH  CONFEDENSE THAT YOU GUYS CAN HELP ME.. NOW ITS NOT ALOT OF PAINT JUST ENOUGH TO NOTICE BUT THE WHEELWELL IS BAD AND THE TIRES IM NOT WORRIED BOUT THE TIRES AND THE WHEELWELL CAUSE I CAN USE LACHER THINNER ON THE TIRES AND WHEELWELL..OR AM I WRONG I HAVENT EVEN HAD THE CAR A MONTH AND THIS SH*T HAPPENS MY FRIEND TOLD ME I COULD USE LACHER THINNER SO IM GONNA TRY THAT BUT CAN SOMEONE HERE GIVE ME SOME HELP OR SOMETHING THANK YOU VERY MUCH GUYS FOR ANY HELP... :censored:

You can try 'turps' or a paint thinner......but be VERY careful! Also, when posting, please do not use capital letters for your entire post......it is considered yelling at people. Thanks! B)

:cheers:

nah i wasnt yellin i was just excited cause this is horrible..where could i get turps at? thanks guys

A few years back, some low lifes spray painted on the back of my car. I took it to a car wash and used a high pressure sprayer to get all of it off. Then waxed and no lasting damage. Spray paint may be easier to get off but I would try one of the hand car wash sprayers before I would play with any chemicals.

nah i wasnt yellin i was just excited cause this is horrible..where could i get turps at? thanks guys

A few years back, some low lifes spray painted on the back of my car. I took it to a car wash and used a high pressure sprayer to get all of it off. Then waxed and no lasting damage. Spray paint may be easier to get off but I would try one of the hand car wash sprayers before I would play with any chemicals.

You can try 3M Brand Clay used by Car Painters to take off overspray on

their cars. Im not sure if the name is correct but I have some at home and

I will check and post this evening on the exact name. It is basically a block

of clay that the paint will stick to - just follow the instructions on the jar. You

can probably look at 3M's web site and find the exact product too....I have used this to get white overspray off a black car and it works to perfection.

You can try 3M Brand Clay used by Car Painters to take off overspray on

their cars. Im not sure if the name is correct but I have some at home and

I will check and post this evening on the exact name. It is basically a block

of clay that the paint will stick to - just follow the instructions on the jar. You

can probably look at 3M's web site and find the exact product too....I have used this to get white overspray off a black car and it works to perfection.

its off the body now so im almost better but the wheelwells i need to do something bout i was thinking bout just spray painting the wheelwells flat black anyone know if this is a good idea or no? thanks guys i apperacite all the advice thank you

You can get turps at any hardware store like Home Depot & the like. Just be careful & use it on a very small spot to start with & wipe if all off afterwards as it's a paint thinner.

:cheers:

OK THIS IS A SERIOUS ISSUE I NEED HELP ON GETTIN THIS OFF..I GOT HOUSE PAINT ON MY CAR JUST ON THE BOTTOM,INSIDE THE WHEELWELL,AND ON THE TIRES NOW I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO GET IT OFF...PLEASE HELP ME SERIOUSLY IM COMING HERE WITH  CONFEDENSE THAT YOU GUYS CAN HELP ME.. NOW ITS NOT ALOT OF PAINT JUST ENOUGH TO NOTICE BUT THE WHEELWELL IS BAD AND THE TIRES IM NOT WORRIED BOUT THE TIRES AND THE WHEELWELL CAUSE I CAN USE LACHER THINNER ON THE TIRES AND WHEELWELL..OR AM I WRONG I HAVENT EVEN HAD THE CAR A MONTH AND THIS SH*T HAPPENS MY FRIEND TOLD ME I COULD USE LACHER THINNER SO IM GONNA TRY THAT BUT CAN SOMEONE HERE GIVE ME SOME HELP OR SOMETHING THANK YOU VERY MUCH GUYS FOR ANY HELP... :censored:

I used to work in a paint store and also as an auto detailer. You would be surprised how often your situation occurs. The first thing to know is if it is oil based or water based(latex or alkyd). If it is water based and dried you can simply use a paint rubbing compound to get it off the paint. Rubbing compounds basically cut through paint. Just don't kill it when you are using it, take your time, if you have access to a polishing wheel use it because it will help to stop you from concentrating on a specific spot and will feather out the cutting process. The same process will work on a oil based paint on the cars paint. For the wheel well (if it is oil based ) the is something called tolyuol( I think thats how it is spelled) pronounced tollywall. Just put some on a rag and rub until the paint is removed. If it is latex on the wheel well, especially if it is thick you should be able to just scrape the majority of off, and then just use soap and water to remove the rest. Most house paints take a lot time to cure, and consequently if the are not properly applied can be removed by some process even after months. Hope this helps if you have not figured it out yet. You may want to take it to a real good detailer too. They usually have a product for every posisible application.