Detailing My Vehicles

So Summer is approaching and it's time to make our cars look awesome again...removing the winter tires/rim packages and installing our summer wheels, cleaning the paint etc etc to create that show stopping appearance package

So this year i think it's finally time to detail the crap outta both my Lexus and the civic.

So these are the steps i was reccomended after reading COUNTLESS detailing articles:

Step:

1. Wash/Dry Car with heavy concentrated mixture of car wash liquid.

2. Claybar Application and buff

3. Pre-wax cleaner application and buff

4. Wax Car

Now i've read all the steps in doing this and it doesn't seem too hard...it's just time consuming. So, i would like some advice on whether you guys think the pre-wax and waxing the car applications are repetative since they are essentialy very similar. I will be pre-waxing instead of polishing since the paint finish on the lexus if friggin flawless already. no swirl marks or anything *knock on wood* so i want to keep it that way.

Also, what towels do you guys own/use for buffing, as well as applying wax and pre-wax cleaner!?

Product Suggestion is DEFINATELY welcomed as well.....if any1 here has used zaino...lemme know the steps you used.

P.s. The Lexus' paint is as i said flawless however the civic's is QUITE contaminated. As i might have to polish instead of pre-waxin it.

Thanks in advance guys!