Rx400h Towing Prep Package

The window sticker that lists the MSRP, fuel economy, etc that came with my RX400h lists "Towing Prep Package" as one of the features that comes with the vehicle. Anybody know what the Towing Prep Package consists of for the RX400h?

I tried to find info about it on the Lexus website, but didn't find any details in the RX400h specs. In the RX330 specs (http://www.lexus.com/models/rx/specifications.html) it says that the towing prep package is optional and clicking on the link there brings up a popup that says "RX Towing Package includes: transmission cooler, heavy-duty alternator and radiator (does not include ball mount) [1]". Which is somewhat confusing. Is the "Towing Prep Package" the same thing as the "Towing Package"?

Also, the other day I went to the dealer and asked about a Lexus tow hitch for my RX400h and they said that there was a special one that was specifically for the RX400h (not the same as the one for the RX330.) I asked to see a picture of it and they said it was too new they didn't have pictures of it. Which leads me to believe that the RX400h towing equipment isn't the same as the RX330's.

I had the same question and the salesman had to contact Toyota to clarifiy. I saw the letter from Toyota. All current RX400h are equipped to tow 3500#. IE Towing Package = Tow Prep package.

Also I had a Lexus hitch installed before delivery and the the Rx330 hitch fits. There are a couple of plastic covers on the underbody that need either removed or cut to accomade the hitch. I have already towed over 400 miles with mine.

Ron

The window sticker that lists the MSRP, fuel economy, etc that came with my RX400h lists "Towing Prep Package" as one of the features that comes with the vehicle.  Anybody know what the Towing Prep Package consists of for the RX400h?

I tried to find info about it on the Lexus website, but didn't find any details in the RX400h specs.  In the RX330 specs (http://www.lexus.com/models/rx/specifications.html) it says that the towing prep package is optional and clicking on the link there brings up a popup that says "RX Towing Package includes: transmission cooler, heavy-duty alternator and radiator (does not include ball mount) [1]".  Which is somewhat confusing.  Is the "Towing Prep Package" the same thing as the "Towing Package"?

Also, the other day I went to the dealer and asked about a Lexus tow hitch for my RX400h and they said that there was a special one that was specifically for the RX400h (not the same as the one for the RX330.)  I asked to see a picture of it and they said it was too new they didn't have pictures of it.  Which leads me to believe that the RX400h towing equipment isn't the same as the RX330's.