Malfunction Lamp 1997 Ls 400

keng40033

I have a 1997 LS400 with 92,500 miles. The Malfuntion Indicator Lamp and Trac Off light came on at the same time. I checked the fuel cap and it is on securely. Any suggestions? I live 70 miles from the nearest Lexus dealership. Will it hurt the car to drive that far? Thanks.

Kenneth

I have a 1997 LS400 with 92,500 miles.  The Malfuntion Indicator Lamp and Trac Off light came on at the same time.  I checked the fuel cap and it is on securely.  Any suggestions?  I live 70 miles from the nearest Lexus dealership.  Will it hurt the car to drive that far?  Thanks.

Kenneth

I took my car to an independent repair shop in Louisville, KY. My problem was water in the spark plug tube, which was caused when I had my car engine detailed (my bad). The shop was honest, as they did not tell me I needed a new spark plug and wire. Only cost me $64, which was probably 25% of what the Lexus dealer would have charged.

I feel so much better that I'm not the only one that's filled up the spark plug tubes with water, but I saw you one better and filled the entire left hand bank instead of just one!! lol :cheers:

Just for future reference, OBDII monitors many, many different componets, so it's really hard to take a guess at what could be causing the problem out of the hundreds of things it monitors. ;) The TRAC OFF comes on as a safety precaution with the cel.