Is This Heater/ac Fan ?

hey guys, Is this heater /ac fan? if ye i ll get new one tomorow, since I think its bad, I should double check it, but i checked voltage to it, and i gotten 10volts when i turn on the a/c / heat, so i m guessing its bad

but i m just double checking to make sure its heater fan heh, looks like it though

and any idea what that hose on left side on passanger side is, its going down its about half-1 inch thick, its going through the front rubber deadner too.

I d like to know what flows through that, because I think thats what causing the leak

thank you

Ilya

post-11517-1114812059_thumb.jpg

post-11517-1114812081_thumb.jpg

ok I think the mystery leak was found. After removing the fan, the water was leaking through there. SO this is what happaned, during winter the water leaked inside to the fan, when it got cold the water froze making the fan not able to spin. When it got warm the fan started spinning again and water was going inside my carpets and under. After some time being frozen the fan stoped working all together, till i pulled it out and spinned it by hand, now it works fine, LAst thing is left to fix the leak, I think its leaking in between the windshield and firewall. HOpefully they can seal it up next week withought removing and reinstalling the front windshield. I m glad i was able to find the leak, if i did not remove the heater fan, i think it would be almost impossible to see where its leaking from because the water would come from wrong side after hitting the fan and leaking out.

I think once that is fixed i ll end up keeping the car, I like it a lot. WIll install the subwoofer in back and maybe tint windows, and in summer might do radiator flush/ clean iacv, or do motorvac, and maybe plugs/wires.

thanx for help and hope this info helps future people with similar problems

I think i need to remove mine and take a look at it...  Everytime the fan is on, it makes this annoying ticking sound..

How hard is it to remove the fan?

NOT hard, but you will probably need to remove the dash thats in front of the passanger, it is held by 3 screws on top and around 1 + bolt on bottom and it removes all together with the glove compartment together.

maybe if you can just remove the glove compartment door then you dont have to remove the whole thing.

This is done in order to get to the last screw that holds the fan in place, the other 2 are easy to do from bottom by removing the black cover thats right over the feet.

thats about it, remove 3 screws and unplug and pull it out, whala ; )

good luck