Replace My Cv Axle

Just wondering if anyone here could provide me with a writeup to replace a front driver side cv axle. I've been hearing the clicking now for a couple of months. It seems like you can find out how to fix things for ford or chevy anywhere on the internet but Lexus is completely different.

Any help or suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

1)A list of needed tools

2)I have the axle already

3)Procedures

Thanx in advance

\

K. Brown :D

post-12293-1114466818_thumb.jpg

For the past couple of months I've been hearing the clicking sound when I make turns to one side. I need my front driver side cv axle replaced. Can anyone hear provide me with a writeup on how to do it including any needed tools. Any help will greatly be appreciated.

Thanx in Advance

K. Brown

post-12293-1114466994_thumb.jpg

Kevin, I am guessing you got a 92-93 ES.

here are two simple suggestions that may help you.

1. Try to find the Haynes manual or Chilton manual for the same year Camry should have a good write up with pictures.

2. Another possibility is to go to a large public library. Look in the auto repair manuals for the huge chilton import manual. Get the one that emcompasses the year of your car. It should be in there.

steviej

PS. I merged the two separate threads you started so that all responces will be in one thread. Word of note, it gets confusing when you post the same thread in two different forums.

Edited by steviej

It's a 96.

Thanx a bunch stevie. I'll get right on that.

Keven

Kevin, I am guessing you got a 92-93 ES.

here are two simple suggestions that may help you.

1.  Try to find the Haynes manual or Chilton manual for the same year Camry should have a good write up with pictures.

2.  Another possibility is to go to a large public library.  Look in the auto repair manuals for the huge chilton import manual.  Get the one that emcompasses the year of your car.  It should be in there.

steviej

PS.  I merged the two separate threads you started so that all responces will be in one thread.  Word of note, it gets confusing when you post the same thread in two different forums.