Is There A Corporate Liaison For Warranty Issues

rkt10

Hello,

It's my first post, and already I'm asking for help. Imagine that!

Does anyone know of the name of a corporate liaison to handle issues with an extended warranty issue?

I have a '99 RX300 that went in for the 90,000 mile check just last week. Because the mileage was at 99,700, I asked the dealer to go over the car carefully to make sure any warranty-covered repairs would be caught. The maintenance cost over $1400.

They did catch an oil leak that they were not going to recommending repairing until I asked them to do so. They did do the repair at no cost, for which I am grateful.

However, just a few days later, when the car had 100,150 miles on it, the check engine light came on. I called immediately and took the car in. They say it's the Mass Air Flow Meter (or could that be MAS?).

Anyway, they want $250 to do the work. And they say it's not covered by warranty.

I asked if there were a liaison person at Lexus that they could contact to see if they could get it done under warranty and they said no. That I would have to call the Lexus customer service number (800-255-3987).

The guy who took my call just took a bunch of personal information and then advised me to have the work done and then call back to see if they could do anything. I'm not happy with that response.

I know in years past there were corporate people that the dealer could talk to to get dispensation on warranty issues such as this. Do any of you know of such a person who would cover Massachusetts. And if so, will you please send along the info.

Thanks in advance.

Rita

Hello,

It's my first post, and already I'm asking for help. Imagine that!

Does anyone know of the name of a corporate liaison to handle issues with an extended warranty issue?

I have a '99 RX300 that went in for the 90,000 mile check just last week. Because the mileage was at 99,700, I asked the dealer to go over the car carefully to make sure any warranty-covered repairs would be caught.  The maintenance cost over $1400.

They did catch an oil leak that they were not going to recommending repairing until I asked them to do so. They did do the repair at no cost, for which I am grateful.

However, just a few days later, when the car had 100,150 miles on it, the check engine light came on. I called immediately and took the car in. They say it's the Mass Air Flow Meter (or could that be MAS?).

Anyway, they want $250 to do the work. And they say it's not covered by warranty.

I asked if there were a liaison person at Lexus that they could contact to see if they could get it done under warranty and they said no. That I would have to call the Lexus customer service number (800-255-3987).

The guy who took my call just took a bunch of personal information and then advised me to have the work done and then call back to see if they could do anything. I'm not happy with that response.

I know in years past there were corporate people that the dealer could talk to to get dispensation on warranty issues such as this. Do any of you know of such a person who would cover Massachusetts. And if so, will you please send along the info.

Thanks in advance.

Rita

Was this a 'Lexus' Extended warranty or from an aftermarket company? If Lexus, you should ask to speak to someone that handles these claims or concerns on behalf of Lexus corperate that has the power to give an answer after they have had a chance to speak with the dealer directly. Be polite & professional about it & they might 'eat' the cost of the repair. Sounds like it's your Mass Air Flow sensor (MAF). B)

:cheers: