Sub&amp Wiring To Stock Deck

Can I wire up a subwoofer and amp to the stock deck in my '95 es300? 

PS. I did post it in the audio/video section, but no one replied...

Unless your car came wiht a subwoofer from the factory (i dont think any ecept the ES330's did), then you will not be able to connect a sub to the factory deck and amp, as there are no "pre-outs" for the sub.

However, if you replace the amplifier with a 2or 4 channel, then you can add a subwoofer.

i have my stereo hooked up to the factory head unit, with the stock ampilifier, but i had to buy an aftermarket 2 channel amp. The process is like the picture. I used a 2 channel amp that is accepting the speaker leads from the output of the factory amp. Should be a total of 4 wires, left and right for the rear. The sub is wired (subs in my case) at 4 ohms, and the deck speakers (replaced by components in my case) are wired to run at 2 ohms. The amp is set as lowpass for the sub channel, and full range for the deck speakers. The factory amp will not see a 2 ohm load, only the aftermarket amp will. Under this set up you will not only have an additional sub or 2, but you will not loose your rear deck speakers. PM me if you have any questions about this...took only about 2 hours to do

stereo.bmp

so theres no more pre outs on the deck huh.

well i have a amp for my sub, its a 2ch. bridged into 1, and it powers my one 10". so can i hook up my other amp to that amp to power the sub?

i didnt really understand this part---I used a 2 channel amp that is accepting the speaker leads from the output of the factory amp.

well, where the wires connect to the rear deck speakers, extend them so those wires connect to the aftermarket amp. This will only work if you have a high-level input on your amp, if not, then an RCA converter will be needed. I am running 1 channel to the subs, and the other to the set of deck speakers. I am using 2 channels to power 4 speakers. 2 subs, and 2 components. You really do not need pre-outs on the rear of the deck. If you know audio components, there are always ways around everything.

This will only work if you have a high-level input on your amp, if not, then an RCA converter will be needed.

High level meaning? The samp im looking at says speaker level input....:whistles:

I am running 1 channel to the subs, and the other to the set of deck speakers. I am using 2 channels to power 4 speakers. 2 subs, and 2 components.

does that mean taht the front speakers are in no way affected by the new amp?

the front speakers will have no affect from anything what so ever. High level, speaker level...it all determines what the manufacturer calls it...i have heard both, lol. But, make sure you add a noice filter to the amp, the stock radio unit inducts all sorts of noise, especially from the alternator. Lexus installed a noise filter in the rear of these cars, which works fine for the stock stereo, but when you amplify the sound some more, you will notice the fuzz. However, you will not notice the noise through the subwoofers becuase the distortion is emitting at a higher freq. interval than the sub will allow itself to reproduce.