1992 Es300 Overheating.

:cheers:

I'm looking at the needle rise slowly as im sitting in traffic (los angeles) praying to god I make it to the mechanic at 4:15pm. I pull the corner and right before it hits the red mark i turn it off and roll into the place. whew :P

Anyways we found no leaks and did a pressure test, look like the caps were bad and i had rust in the radiator. the guy drained the old stuff out, and poured anti freeze, and put 2 new caps. cost me 45 bucks. whaddya think? :ph34r:

he stated i was losing pressure from the front cap and losing some water as well. i just hope this problem is cured since ive read about 92's and overheating issues on this forum. thanks :rolleyes:

Was the system back flushed? If not then I think it was a half assed job. IMO.

You have to insure that most rust and contamination are flushed out of the system before you put in new coolant!

Was the system back flushed? If not then I think it was a half assed job. IMO.

You have to insure that most rust and contamination are flushed out of the system before you put in new coolant!

Do you have red cooolant in there? if not, there needs to be!

well IMO i t think it was half assed as well :|

um i dont beleive there is any "red" coolant. didnt know there was such a thing hehe. just green i believe. the thing is i drove it around all day and it was ok. i just hope it stays that way. sucks the guy did a half !Removed! job.

In 1992 the ES300 did not use a red coolant. I think they changed to red starting with the 1994 ES.

What is the difference between red & green ? I heard someone else say only to use red on my 01. Is that the environmentally/animal friendly stuff ?