Engine Fasteners

dirtold

Dirtold:

not sure what the fasteners look like but are they the push type like in the interior  or closely threaded screws?

They are not threaded and they push into appropriate holes to secure the various plastic covers which conceal almost all of the engine, air filter, etc. under the hood.

They are removed with a phillips screwdriver even though they are not threaded. Hope this explains. If not, I can take a picture of one and post.

You can find these at your local auto parts store (Autozone, etc). They may not be an exact match cosmetically, but you should be able to find some that will work. I bought some recently for my 91. Look in the body connectors / fasteners section and you'll find them. Take something the same size as the hole so you can match it to the correct part. I used a Ford/GM part to fix mine. If you want an exact match that would probably mean the dealer.

You can find these at your local auto parts store (Autozone, etc). They may not be an exact match cosmetically, but you should be able to find some that will work. I bought some recently for my 91. Look in the body connectors / fasteners section and you'll find them. Take something the same size as the hole so you can match it to the correct part. I used a Ford/GM part to fix mine. If you want an exact match that would probably mean the dealer.

Thanks, Larry. There are several stores close by. I would not have expected to find something that worked at one of these stores.

:cheers: