Bolts For Engine Compartment Plastic?

Gumart1

I read an earlier post on checking the air filter in a '98, and when I started to pull off the black plastic covers, the small one in front of the battery, and the larger one the meets the air filter housing, they just came loose immediately. Are these free fitting or do are mine missing attachment bolts? I can't seem to find how they should attach. It seems a bit loose at the air filter housing end so I suspect I need bolts?

Also, if I then remove the clip around the housing for the air filter, does the air filter slide towards the passenger compartment and out to check?

I read an earlier post on checking the air filter in a '98, and when I started to pull off the black plastic covers, the small one in front of the battery, and the larger one the meets the air filter housing, they just came loose immediately. Are these free fitting or do are mine missing attachment bolts? I can't seem to find how they should attach. It seems a bit loose at the air filter housing end so I suspect I need bolts?

Also, if I then remove the clip around the housing for the air filter, does the air filter slide towards the passenger compartment and out to check?

They should be pretty snug at the air filter housing........I'll check mine out for comparison :cheers: