Rotors? Which Ones To Get?

I have a 1996 GS 300. I just wanted to take suggestions on which rotors (front and back) to get for my car? I want to spend as little money as possible. :D Also, how (or what) do I make my brake calipers another color? I want to make them red. Do I have to buy new ones or how do I go about painting them (if I can)? Any and All suggestions are welcomed. Thanks!

I have a 1996 GS 300.  I just wanted to take suggestions on which rotors (front and back) to get for my car?  I want to spend as little money as possible.  :D  Also, how (or what) do I make my brake calipers another color?  I want to make them red.  Do I have to buy new ones or how do I go about painting them (if I can)?  Any and All suggestions are welcomed.  Thanks!

The key to a good paint job is preparation and more preparation. Unbolt the calipers. Clean the calipers with wheel cleaner or brake cleaber till they're pretty clean , then go over with a wire brush , avoiding any rubber parts. Wipe down with mineral spirits until clean. Use a high temperature paint, such as engine paint or purchase caliper paint. Paint with many light coats letting each coat dry ontil you get the look you want. Mask off with newspaper all area around where you're painting to avoid overspray. After you're donr you can go over with a clear coat and maybe purchase some good quality caliper decals off EBay that say LEXUS to further increase the kewlness factor. Install your new driled/slotted Rotors that you also purchased off EBay for $139 + shipping. Repeat 3 more times and you're done. Here's what I did on my Z and GS

300zxcaliperR.jpg B)

I have a 1996 GS 300.  I just wanted to take suggestions on which rotors (front and back) to get for my car?  I want to spend as little money as possible.   :D   Also, how (or what) do I make my brake calipers another color?  I want to make them red.  Do I have to buy new ones or how do I go about painting them (if I can)?  Any and All suggestions are welcomed.  Thanks!

The key to a good paint job is preparation and more preparation. Unbolt the calipers. Clean the calipers with wheel cleaner or brake cleaber till they're pretty clean , then go over with a wire brush , avoiding any rubber parts. Wipe down with mineral spirits until clean. Use a high temperature paint, such as engine paint or purchase caliper paint. Paint with many light coats letting each coat dry ontil you get the look you want. Mask off with newspaper all area around where you're painting to avoid overspray. After you're donr you can go over with a clear coat and maybe purchase some good quality caliper decals off EBay that say LEXUS to further increase the kewlness factor. Install your new driled/slotted Rotors that you also purchased off EBay for $139 + shipping. Repeat 3 more times and you're done. Here's what I did on my Z and GS

300zxcaliperR.jpg B)

Turbo,

Is that $139 for all 4 rotors? Will they rust? If so, how can I prevent them from rusting? I can't seem to open your pic. Also, any recommendations on rotors (not too expensive, of course)? Thanks, alot!

Turbo,

Is that $139 for all 4 rotors?  Will they rust?  If so, how can I prevent them from rusting?  I can't seem to open your pic.  Also, any recommendations on rotors (not too expensive, of course)?  Thanks, alot!

Yes + shipping of $19, Yes and NO, they will rust on the bare metal surfaces created by the brake pads wear on the rotor. The center or hub is coated and won't rust. You can stop rusting by driving then car and using the brakes. Check EBay for drilled and slotted rotors for GS300, that's where I got mine. <_<

Turbo,

Is that $139 for all 4 rotors?  Will they rust?  If so, how can I prevent them from rusting?  I can't seem to open your pic.  Also, any recommendations on rotors (not too expensive, of course)?  Thanks, alot!

Yes + shipping of $19, Yes and NO, they will rust on the bare metal surfaces created by the brake pads wear on the rotor. The center or hub is coated and won't rust. You can stop rusting by driving then car and using the brakes. Check EBay for drilled and slotted rotors for GS300, that's where I got mine. <_<

What brand did you get?