95' Ls 400 Radio Headunit Light

Gunthaa

Hey, i skimmed through the search results and found nothing. I found a topic about the time and climate control, but the radio headunit is the thing not working.

I finally called the dealership about a problem from 4 or 5 years ago. The radio headunit light goes out and the numbers are scrambled. I know this is a very common problem so there has to be someone out there i can ship the headunit out to, and he can repair it for hopefully under the dealership rate which is 350-400. And unbelievably over 2,000$ for a new one. So, is there a cheaper alternative?

Thanks

I as well as a few others have used Mikado and were very pleased. Here is there #: 1-888-9-MIKADO. Ask for Sammy. The service itself is $150 plus whatever shipping method you choose. I went with overnight so that I was ot of comission for a total of 3 days; the job itself takes them all of an hour. They even replaced all of the backlighting while they were in there. Pulling the radio out is very simple and quick to do. The Post Office has cery reasonable overnighting rates btw-I think I paid $30 or $35 each way. ;)