Maintenace Help

Bearcub70

My Car has been a very good car no problems at all with it. I would really like to keep that way, so I could use some advice. The car has 147,000 miles on it and I wanted to know what Maintenace should I do at this mileage. Or things I should start checking. This advice would be greatly appreciated. The timing belt and cv-joints have been done already. Thanks John

This is a loaded question because it depends on what was done previous to your ownership and what you have records of being done.

What was the mileage the car had the TB done and have you had the car since new? I would use this mileage and start your paper mileage counter at 0, and do all maintenance required at 5,000 mile intervals as you would it the car was brand new. These are outlined in the supplemental owner's manual. If you don't have one, call 1-800-25-LEXUS (option #4) and request one, or get one on ebay (sometimes they come with the leather binder too for short money).

If you know not what was done previous, then consider doing a 30k mile service as it is a replacement of all fluids and some misc. stuff. Then start your manintenance clock here and perform all 5,000 mile services as the mileage increases.

steviej