Please Help..need Part Numbers!...

First of all! Try replacing the starter relay in the fuse box, before yanking out the starter :ph34r:

If that doesn't fix it , then remove the starter and clean the armature and replace brushes as needed.

There are NO STARTER SOLENOID CONTACTS AS SOMEONE ELSE POSTED only starter relay and armature and brushes. :pirate:

First of all! Try replacing the starter relay in the fuse box, before yanking out the starter :ph34r:

If that doesn't fix it , then remove the starter and clean the armature and replace brushes as needed.

There are NO STARTER SOLENOID CONTACTS AS SOMEONE ELSE POSTED only starter relay and armature and brushes.:pirate:

Turbo,

Can you give me some details as what to do to pull the starter out? Armature? Brushes? All the info you can give me will be greatly appreciated. Has this happened to your GS 300? What did you do? I need to know what to look for if I have to take the starter out, then apart? Where do I take it apart at? What will I be looking at when I take it apart? I know I have a lot of questions, but I need to get my car back on the road ASAP! Please Help!

I haven't had any problems with my starter yet. I looked at the service manual and it shows that the negative wire should be disconnected and then 2 fuel lines have to be unbolted from the body. Next disconnect the starter wires and connector.. remove 2 bolts holding starter in. I would then take the starter to a rebuild shop to check for correct operation. You could disassemble it and check the brushes and clean the armature, if you feel comfortable. Otherwise take it to a repair shop for testing or rebuilding. I would try the starter relay in the engine fuse block first, or verify power is reaching the starter and starter connector with a multimeter before yanking out the starter. B)

I haven't had any problems with my starter yet.  I looked at the service manual and it shows that the negative wire should be disconnected and then 2 fuel lines have to be unbolted from the body. Next disconnect the starter wires and connector.. remove 2 bolts holding starter in. I would then take the starter to a rebuild shop to check for correct operation. You could disassemble it and check the brushes and clean the armature, if you feel comfortable. Otherwise take it to a repair shop for testing or rebuilding.  I would try the starter relay in the engine fuse block first,  or verify power is reaching the starter and starter connector with a multimeter before yanking out the starter. B)

Thanks! So, you are sure that our starter DOES NOT have solenoid contacts inside???

I haven't had any problems with my starter yet.  I looked at the service manual and it shows that the negative wire should be disconnected and then 2 fuel lines have to be unbolted from the body. Next disconnect the starter wires and connector.. remove 2 bolts holding starter in. I would then take the starter to a rebuild shop to check for correct operation. You could disassemble it and check the brushes and clean the armature, if you feel comfortable. Otherwise take it to a repair shop for testing or rebuilding.  I would try the starter relay in the engine fuse block first,  or verify power is reaching the starter and starter connector with a multimeter before yanking out the starter. B)

Thanks! So, you are sure that our starter DOES NOT have solenoid contacts inside???

I'm sorry, Yes, it does. The way it looked in the service manual it looked as if it didn't. In the diagram flow chart it showed the starter relay and then going straight to the starter. However, after looking at it again it shows a starter connector. I would still doublecheck the starter relay, then if that does nothing remove the starter and have it tested. Once the starter is removed you can test the soleniod yourself by hooking power to the starter terminal and grounding the case of the starter. It should kick the starter gear outwards. WATCH YOUR FINGERS, KEEP THEM AWAY FROM THE STARTER GEAR. <_<

I'm sorry, Yes, it does. The way it looked in the service manual it looked as if it didn't. In the diagram flow chart it showed the starter relay and then going straight to the starter. However, after looking at it again it shows a starter connector. I would still doublecheck the starter relay, then if that does nothing remove the starter and have it tested. Once the starter is removed you can test the soleniod yourself by hooking power to the starter terminal and grounding the case of the starter. It should kick the starter gear outwards. WATCH YOUR FINGERS, KEEP THEM AWAY FROM THE STARTER GEAR. <_<

Thanks!